Sunday, December 17, 2017

Oh oh!!!

I went AWOL for many weeks earlier in October/November, due to my mum tripping and dislocating and breaking her left shoulder. UGH! I happened to be away in Sydney/Melbourne on holidays at the time; but once we got back, Mum came to stay with us and I had to look after her, doing everything for her. The resulting stress caused my Chronic fatigue to flare.

The great news is that both of us are continuing to heal. Mum's back in her little place and I'm back doing some cardmaking and housework. Yay!!????

Some of the things I missed posting about included:

Angie's Digital Stamps had its last challenge for the year with a "Happy Holidays" theme.
I used Angie's Little Lila with Musical Instrument digi stamp for my card and coloured her in the reds and greens of Christmas. Some distressing and edge inking gave the card a slight vintage feel; but I just had to add a touch of glitz with the gold die cut "greetings". Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops completed the card.
Get Creative Challenges also had its last challenge for 2017. Challenge #64 had a theme of "Holidays".
My card used a digistamp by one of the sponsors, Rick St Dennis called "Winter 2017". I coloured the image using my Copics and combined patterned paper, white paper roses,
organza red ribbon, some silver flower centres, leaves and a stacked red die cut sentiment. I have always admired Tracy Wray and her distressed and layered cards; and wanted to have a go at it.
Simply Create Too's last challenge for the year had the theme of CAS and I had fun creating a card using a Santoro Gorjuss "Fly Away With Me" stamp set. Did you know that Nuvo Crystal Drops will flatten? I stacked it along with some other cards (after it had been sitting out drying for several days) and when I later looked at it, the drops had flattened.

Anyway, off to have some more adventures (disasters???) in my life. I'll be back soon.

Bye for now,
Love,

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear you and your Mum are continuing to improve Janelle. Hope life can be a little more drama free for you now. Love your colouring on these cards. And yes I've had Nuvo drops flatten without even putting anything on top of them so a bit disappointing huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did nobody tell it can do this??? I understood it was an alternative to enamel dots, but if they flatten, then the enamel dots are far better. Though not as convenient, pretty and able to have varying sizes in one pack, etc. Thanks for your kind wishes. Somehow my life (at the moment) seems to go from one crisis to another. Maybe I'm just a drama queen??? haha! If I don't hear from you in the next few days, I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a bright and creative 2018. Mwah! :)

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear that you are feeling better and life sounds like it is getting 'back on track', you are amazing for all that you have done! Hope you have the most wonderful Christmas and ps your colouring and cards are brilliant Janelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Therese. I think my favourite is the Santoro stamp one - I really had fun colouring it and I think it got it just right. I never thought I'd end up showering and dressing Mum, but I suppose it could well be the first on many just episodes as she gets older. In January we have an appointment for an ACAT assessment, so I'm trying to get prepared. So sad to think about. A glorious Christmas is wished for you and I look forward to seeing more of your creations next year. Mwah! :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.